Shopping for bras is complicating thing to do. They were too tight, too loose, too small of a cup or too big. The underwire wouldn’t fit in the right place – poking into my side or smashing into the breast. Especially, people who have breast cancer.
Whether you are a breast cancer patient, newly out of treatment, or a long time survivor, we all know there are needs that need to be met when it comes to a bra. Here are some tips for buying a bra.
- Finding the right size. Many researchers found that most women are wearing the wrong size of bra. Maybe they’ve been using the same size for the last twenty years. Maybe they just don’t know how to fit a bra properly. The first recommendation would be to get professionally sized. Walk yourself into that bra store and ask for assistance
- Wide comfortable straps. Finding a bra that has wide straps, or straps that do not dig into your shoulders, is important to help reduce the risk of Lymphedema for people who have breast cancer.
- Support the breast Supporting the breast is an important feature of bra fitting. Without good support your implants may move slightly, especially immediately after surgery. Just like natural breasts, exercising may become uncomfortable if they don’t have the support needed.
- Cup size matter. Finding a cup size that fits just right not only supports your breasts, but will keep your implants in place.
- Pockets to house your breast forms. Some women with breast removed surgery will look for breast forms (prosthesis), which can come in many shapes, sizes, and weights to accommodate the look of natural breasts.
- Soft fabrics and seams. The material of their bra is essential that woman who has breast cancer surgery should pay attention.
- Underwire versus Wireless. This topic is varying across plastic surgeons your best bet is to talk to your surgeon to see what is recommended. Different surgery techniques, implants, and surgery incisions may require a different result.
- Comfort, comfort, comfort. Finding a bra that’s right for you should always include your comfort.